Monday, October 15, 2007

Affrimative Prayer

Jesus, our greatest teacher, guided us in the use of affirmative prayer when he said, "So I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (Mk. 11:24). While situations may not always work out the way we would like, we can know with assurance that God's will is actively at work in our lives.
To affirm is to state positively ; to pray is to speak to God . When we are using affirmative prayer, we are using positive statements of Truth and thanksgiving to speak to God.
. For example, affirmation reads: The ever-present life of God heals my body and renews my soul. To personalize it for our prayers, we can say, "Dear God, thank You for healing my body and renewing my soul."
To help your thoughts create your own positive awareness, try using some of these affirmations:
Thank You, God, that Your will is being done.
I am wise with the wisdom of Your Spirit, God. I am joyous, loving, and caring-just as You created me to be.
I release my concerns into your care and keeping, dear God, knowing that You have my highest good in mind.
My life is filled with joy and happiness.
By using a positive approach in our prayers, we can visualize and plan for the future with faith that the power of God is continually blessing our lives with unlimited possibilities. Affirmative prayer leads to an awakening of our spiritual selves. In faith, we pray giving thanks in advance that God is meeting our needs in ways that are best for us. In love, God responds to those prayers, even before we have spoken them, by providing us with the divine ideas necessary to guide us to all that we need to live life fully. . . joyfully… peacefully.
Affirmative Prayer AffirmationThe transforming power of God within enables me to release all fears and concerns and claim my inheritance as a child of God.
~Blessings
www.freewebs.com/fporter/

No comments: