Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Oshun of the Flow

Oshun teaches us to "go with the flow" of our instincts in order to find inner tranquillity. Just as water ebbs and flows,
allow yourself to live, being generous with your time for yourself during an "ebb", and for others during a "flow".

SUGGESTED MANTRA: SERENITY
SUGGESTED AFFIRMATIONS:

◦Joy! Oh joy!
◦I allow myself to "be"
◦My creativity is energised
◦I enjoy being in the "moment"
◦I do what is easy, loving, fun and true
◦I surrender to the ebbs and flows of life
ESSENCE: Goddessence ISIS 100% pure essential oil blend

GEMSTONES: Carnelian, coral, agate, brown jaspar (orange stones), blue calcite, aquamarine, copper



MORE ABOUT OSHUN
Patroness of rivers and the bloodstream, the Nigerian goddess (also brought to Brazil and Cuba) was honoured as the goddess of love and sensuality.

She wears seven bracelets, a mirror at her belt, river water in her pot, and is accompanied by her peacock and cricket.

She is depicted as on old wise woman sad at the loss of her beauty, or, alternatively is shown as a tall, coffee-skinned woman absolutely comfortable with her sexuality.

No comments: